Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Project Update...

The 100 NZ Memorial project is still in progress, however lately I have been tied up with other research which has meant a pause in my memorial research.  I should be back into it next week especially as I am hoping to get away for a couple of days to visit and collect information on more Memorials.

Today I went to the Auckland City Library and listened to Micheal Wynd a historian at the RNZN Museum talking about  'Demobilising the NZEF after the Armistice'.  It was a very interesting talk shedding light on how the 54,000 service men and women from the Western Front, Egypt and Britain were demobilised all be it in the majority of cases slowly.

The Auckland City Library holds family history sessions throughout the year and many are very interesting.  To find out more information visit their website www.aucklandlibraries.govt.nz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment