Saturday, October 11, 2014

Taihape Memorial

On Tuesday I drove from Ohakune to Taihape to photograph their memorial. I also found two memorial plaques in the the Taihape museum, which is a real treasure trove of artifacts and a must visit for anyone who is doing family research from the area.  They have a plethora of records and photographs.  On the the way back to Ohakune I popped into the National Army Museum to see what was going on.  They have a new exhibition on the occupation of Samoa during WW1 and my son was delighted to find a photograph of his Great, Great Grandfather Captain Reg Evatt in the exhibition, really bringing history alive for him.

Below are the photos I took and I shall get down to researching Taihape's memorials in a couple of weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment